Brookdale Camino del Sol
Our community is absolutely fabulous and we only work with individuals with Alzheimer’s and Dementia. We are all private pay here, so our residents have many extras that other communities do not provide.
Our key points of difference:
- We have tenured nurses on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Not just “on call”. They manage medication and are always observing residents for any changes in condition.
- We also have the most activities and programming for our resident. Four staff provide activities and programming from 9:30am – 7:00pm, seven days a week (112 hours per week). The way our Program Director, Penny, helps residents stay active is utilizing our resident life story that we have the family complete. This helps us understand things individuals like to do and what their interests are. Penny then will set up a specific plan that will help loved ones live their best life. There are group, small cluster groups and individuals activities that will be designed for them.
- Unique to any other community in the area, we have a camera based system that uses artificial intelligence to detect falls in the residents room. So, when a resident falls in their room (anything from a knee and above), the event is filmed 10 minutes prior and 10 minutes after the detected fall. Our staff is notified immediately and we go to the individual’s room to assist and access the situation. The data is then used by our nursing team to develop a plan to mitigate the cause of the fall. Cool stuff!
- Our many five star ratings from family members reflect our attention to detail in providing some of the best care around as our care givers have an amazing way of communicating with our residents and they have a true heart for what they do.
- Our Chef Tomas has over 11 years of experience in providing meals for individuals with Alzheimer’s and Dementia. He and his team prepare flavorful great tasting food.
- We encourage family to visit as often and at any time of the day you desire.